The Radical Notion That All Life Should Be Valued & That Truth Will Prevail

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dear Pro-Life, Love, Pro-Choice

"Dear Pro-Life crazies, I know this may come as a shock to you so you may want to go grab a bible for some support... as long a women have been getting pregnant, they've been having abortions. You're fighting a pointless battle. No matter if you out law it and bomb every clinic in the world, abortion will still happen. ...Always has always will. Period. So really stop bitching over something that will never change. Please, use all that effort and fix something that can change, like world hunger, or the economy.
Love, Pro-Choice." ~Jessica G.


When I read that I instantly had so many words to say in response. But...I said nothing. Why? Because it's on a Facebook page I never hit 'like' on and of course, without that, I'm not allowed to write anything on that page. So, I thought I'd address that letter here.

"Pro-life crazies." First off, I am not a crazy person for being pro-life. Yes, some can be kinda nuts. But um, so are some pro-choicers. You got some crazies pretty much on every side of anything, ya know?

Secondly "grab a bible for support", some pro-lifers are not Christian, Catholic or of any religion really. While yes, most pro-lifers do believe in God, not every single one does. And some even get annoyed when God is brought up.

Thirdly, it's not a "pointless battle". Every life saved is a win. It may be a never-ending battle, but we have small victories. Never give up in fighting for the unborn.

Granted, abortion even before being legal was happening. Much less though. And if we ban it, it will still happen. But much less. Yeah, there will still be abortions, but it won't be abortion-on-demand.

As for "use all that effort and fix something that can change, like world hunger" I can only say world hunger will always be around. We can try to fix it, but we can't. It's a fallen world, and we can try to feed everyone, but we really can't. It's sad, I know. It hurts thinking of all those starving children. We can try and feed them all, but we'll never reach every single one. I guess you could call that a "pointless battle" as well. But we're still gunna keep trying. Every child fed is a small victory.

"Or the economy". Huh...I thought our president Obama promised that for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment